Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Homegrown Muscle (HGM): Phase 1; Week 3, Workout 6
Weight = 204.6lbs

After the excesses of the weekend a chaste start to the day left me feeling hungry again after the workout. Carlisle was still here but hadn't touched the beer I'd left over from Sunday. I scoffed that plus too much other stuff but managed to stay off chocolate; biscuits however were the downfall. I ate those when I was bored. Enough said.

I find the prospect of the lifts worse than the actually performing. Chin-ups were good until the last set so is an area that requires work. I bunged a bit more on the bar for the dead-lifts but found the new weight on the bench press harder than previous. I do tend to the the exercises in the order that the kit is available which means I might be tiring out certain muscle groups early.

I continued to skip the hanging leg raises and used the abs machine instead. My lower abs are still sore from 5-a-side.

Meals:

  • Br = BF Whey Protein
  • Sn1 = BF Whey Protein
  • Lu = Tuna nicoise salad
  • Sn2 = Almonds & raisins
  • Dn = Prawn stir fry
  • Sn3 = Biscuits!

Workout performed 22 May 2006: HGM Phase One Maximum reps per set: 12. One minute rest b/w sets; 1 minute rest b/w quads.

[Quad: Exercise (method): weight/reps; weight/reps; weight/reps]


Quad A:

  • Squat (BB): 90/8; 90/8; 90/8
  • Incline Bench Press (DB): 70/8; 70/8; 70/8
  • Romanian Dead Lift: 110/8; 110/8; 110/8
  • Pull-up: 8; 8; 8

Quad B:

  • Dip: 8; 8; 8
  • Lunge (DB): 30/8; 30/8; 30/8
  • Cable Seated Row: (11)/8; (11)/8; (11)/8
  • Abs machine: 12; 12; 12

No comments: